We are looking for Integrative talking therapists only. You must
- have a main post-graduate qualification in Integrative psychological therapy
- be able to offer the integration set out below
- have a minimum of a 3 year post-graduate integrative training.
Please do not apply if your main training and/or experience is transpersonal, in drama/dance/art therapy or in addiction therapy. We do not receive client demand for these approaches.
Applicants must be trained and have experience in offering as the main strands of their integration
- CBT or similar techniques, such as mindfulness or psycho-education, to provide symptom relief
- along with a psychodynamic way of working to address unhelpful repeating patterns,
- all within a humanistic, warm, relational way of working with clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right positive, flexible person to join a growing team of friendly, experienced well-qualified psychological therapists working in beautiful surroundings with clinical guidance and supervision available. Members of the team offer high quality counselling, psychotherapy and CBT to adult, couple and family clients at Re…root, an ethical private therapy practice in Richmond upon Thames.
Summary of the Role
The role involves working with clients using an integrative approach as described above.
This post-holder will work closely with the Clinical Director who will allocate a caseload of clients for talking therapy sessions.
You will be paid a session fee which will depend on experience and qualifications. Each session is up to 50 minutes’ duration.
The number of regular weekly sessions to be agreed (see criteria below) ideally these should be at least three blocks of hours, including Wednesday and Friday mornings, an evening or possibly a Saturday. We welcome applicants who can offer more than one weekday evening.
Location: Re...root, Richmond upon Thames.
Line managed by: Clinical Director.
- To provide excellent talking therapy to adult individuals (18+) including assessments, therapy and follow up sessions.
- To adhere to current BACP/UKCP/BPS ethical guidelines and to follow Re...root’s own written working practices.
- To maintain client confidentiality and liaise with the Clinical Director to follow good practice where confidentiality may need to be breached.
- To attend regular clinical supervision in compliance with your authorising body for psychological therapy (BACP/UKCP/BPS) requirements.
- To attend in-house Continuing Professional Development sessions.In addition to be responsible for your own Professional Development maintenance and update knowledge and awareness through Continuing Professional Development.
- To liaise and agree with the Clinical Director communications with third parties such as GPs, CPS.
- To maintain appropriate records and to keep these secure following Re…root procedures.
- To take payment from clients as necessary and handle and record these payments following Re…root procedures.
- To liaise with Re…root staff and Directors as appropriate to ensure the effective operation of the service.
- a qualification (usually 3 years’ Master’s, a 2 year PG Dip may be considered if all other requirements are met) in psychological therapy.
- 4 years’ experience as a psychological therapist working with individual adults (which may include relevant experience during therapy training). We welcome applicants who have experience as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in NHS in primary care, or as a member of a charity-based service such as Mind, plus preferably some knowledge of independent practice as well.
- Accreditation with BACP, registration with UKCP, full registration with BPS resulting from a therapy training (ie not from a psychology first degree alone).
- Ability to work with a range of presenting issues including depression, anxiety, bullying, anger management, eating disorders, relational issues.
- Ability to integrate symptom relief with psychodynamic understanding of unhelpful patterns of relating/behaviour (applicants with an integrative training which includes knowledge of theory and experience of putting together CBT (or similar symptom relief techniques) and psychodynamic approaches is required).
- To be available for an agreed number of blocks of 4 hours on a Wednesday and Friday morning plus at least one evening or Saturday afternoon block of hours each week.
- Commitment to ethical practice, equal opportunities and safeguarding.
- DBS certificate (current or on application) and references from therapy employers and/or clinical supervisor(s).
- Excellent written communication and record-keeping skills
- Highly motivated, punctual with good time-management skills.
- NHS psychological therapy experience including CAMHS.
- Knowledge of local mental health/social services and CAMHS services.
- Good administrative skills.
- Good self-organisational skills.
Job Type: Contract
If you meet the above criteria please complete the application form by following the link below. Please note due to the volume of interest we are only able to deal with individual questions if the above criteria are met, but thank you for your interest.